My Photo
Name:
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Monday, April 17, 2006

Sunday April 16, 2006

We boarded the plane just after midnight. We had to take a bus from the terminal to the jet. Take off was an hour late, there was a problem with the lighting and a weird smell in the cabin. I didn't feel well, physically and mentally. I didn't have a good feeling about this plane. We finally took off at 2 am, the take off was the smoothest we had and seeing Cairo at night was amazing. Once we leveled off we slept. I slept nearly the entire way to Paris, only waking when they turned on the lights to serve breakfast. I couldn't eat, barely, my stomach was still very upset.
We landed in Paris at 6:15 am in the rain, and headed to the transfer desk. Again we had trouble with going through security, or at least I did. My carry-on got searched, but all was fine. We made it to the gate and settled in for the six hour wait. I can't believe that I slept sitting up for about four hours. We got up and walked around a bit for an hour before boarding the plane. We boarded at 12:20 pm, again by bus. Take off from Paris was late by about half an hour, once in the air they served us lunch, again, can't eat. I reclined and slept for the entire trip back. They woke us up about an hour before we got to Toronto and served a snack, nope... not hungry. Landing in Toronto was a little rough, wobbly, but it was sunny here. We landed at 3:30 pm (9:30 pm to us). The lady beside me gave out a big sigh and it was then that we found out that she was in the plane that crashed here back in the summer so obviously she was very tense during landing.
We got through customs, very happily because Julie had baked goods that Yasser's father gave her, and some flowers from Yasser, and I had the rose that Mohab had given me. It took forever to get our luggage. Once we did we found Julie's brother and headed home. We stopped by my place and dropped off my stuff and picked up her purse and Jeep keys and headed to my mom's. Julie dropped me off there. I had mom let Willow out, she barked at me, like she didn't know who I was, then realized and went nuts. Gawd, she looks so stressed, not the same dog. I stayed for a bit and told her about my trip, had some rice, but once I had to hit the bathroom again I headed home. Willow was extremely happy to get home, she crashed immediately. I, however, did not. I had to face the music with Mike. Of course, things did not go well and I was up until 2 am talking to him. I'm torn, confused, and just want to be alone right now... I never thought myself possible of doing something like that, I feel terrible and am at the point where I am close to regretting even taking the trip.
Feels sooo good to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter